Join Our Team
Do you want to join a dynamic and energetic team? As part of the NTAHC team you will have an opportunity to use your skills and qualifications to positively impact people's lives!
NTAHC offers a competitive salary structure, with above award standards, along with five weeks annual leave. Employees can also choose to access attractive salary packaging arrangements.
NTAHC operates from offices in central Darwin and Alice Springs. You will have the opportunity to work in a friendly, supportive and dynamic environment where your contribution is valued. We have great managers who will help you reach your potential and are committed to providing learning and development opportunities. NTAHC values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
As part of NTAHC team you will have the opportunity to make a difference to the health care needs of people at risk of blood borne viruses in the Northern Territory.
Health Promotions Officer (1.0 FTE)
Location: Alice Springs
NTAHC is currently recruiting an experienced Health Promotions Officer.
The successful applicant will have an understanding of health promotions within the Northern Territory. Will have a positive attitude with the ability to work across all of NTAHC programs.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience working in Health Promotion and/or Harm Reduction within the Northern Territory and the ability to work across all of NTAHC programs.
- Experience in delivering community Campaigns, Education and Events with diverse communities and event planning and coordination
- Highly developed communication skills including: written and verbal skills; interpersonal skills; resource development and design skills; and computer competencies, such as the applicability of the Microsoft Office suite to effectively communicate
- Demonstrated ability to conduct action research and develop, implement and evaluate health promotion or community development programs
- Demonstrated organisational skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of harm reduction principles as they relate to reducing BBV transmission and the issues affecting people who inject drugs and the principles of client empowerment
- An understanding of issues affecting people living with HIV and Hep C
- An understanding of peer support and education principles
- Computer skills and basic competency in word processing, databases and spread sheets.
Applications close: 15 Jan 2020
You can find a full job description here
Applications close 15 January 2020.
If you require any additional information or want to have a quick chat about the role please contact please contact Jyoti Jadeja on 08 8953 3172.
If you have what it takes, please see attached Job Description.
Forward a copy of your resume, a document addressing the selection criteria and a brief cover letter to email@example.com
Volunteers - Darwin and Alice Springs
NTAHC is looking for volunteers in both Darwin and Alice Springs to undertake a range of vital duties to help us prevent the spread of blood-borne viruses and support people living with HIV and Hepatitis throughout the Territory.
For more information or to request a volunteer pack email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 8944 7777.
Jyoti, Alice Springs Program Manager
"I have been given so many great opportunities while working at NTAHC as I work with all Programs I get to assist everyone, I love the team I work with and find this job very rewarding."
James, Communications Coordinator