Join Our Team
Do you want to join a dynamic and energetic team? As part of the NTAHC team you will have an opportunity to use your skills and qualifications to positively impact people's lives!
NTAHC offers a competitive salary structure, with above award standards, along with five weeks annual leave. Employees can also choose to access attractive salary packaging arrangements.
NTAHC operates from offices in central Darwin and Alice Springs. You will have the opportunity to work in a friendly, supportive and dynamic environment where your contribution is valued. We have great managers who will help you reach your potential and are committed to providing learning and development opportunities. NTAHC values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
As part of NTAHC team you will have the opportunity to make a difference to the health care needs of people at risk of blood borne viruses in the Northern Territory.
Health Promotion Officer - Alice Springs
The Northern Territory AIDS and Hepatitis Council (NTAHC) requires an experienced and motivated Health Promotions Officer to join our Alice Springs team on a part-time basis.
- Read More
NTAHC is the key non-Government organisation working in the area of blood-borne viruses, education and support in the Northern Territory (NT).
The successful applicant will have an understanding of health promotions within the Northern Territory and the ability to work across all of NTAHC programs.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience working in Health Promotion and/or Harm Reduction
- Experience in delivering community campaigns and events with diverse communities and event planning and coordination
- Highly developed communication skills including: written and verbal skills; interpersonal skills; resource development and design skills; and computer competencies, such as the applicability of the Microsoft Office suite to effectively communicate
- Demonstrated ability to conduct action research and develop, implement and evaluate health promotion or community development programs
- Demonstrated organisational skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Understanding of harm reduction principles as they relate to reducing BBV transmission and the issues affecting people who inject drugs and the principles of client empowerment
- An understanding of issues affecting people living with HIV and Hep C
- An understanding of peer support and education principles
- Computer skills and basic competency in word processing, databases and spread sheets.
People from one or more of our priority populations are encouraged to apply.
Forward a copy of your resume, a document addressing the selection criteria and a brief cover letter to email@example.com.
Applications close Wednesday 24th January.
If you would like to have a brief confidential chat about your application, please contact our Program Coordinator Jyoti Jadeja on 08 8953 3172.
Volunteers - Darwin and Alice Springs
NTAHC is looking for volunteers in both Darwin and Alice Springs to undertake a range of vital duties to help us prevent the spread of blood-borne viruses and support people living with HIV and Hepatitis throughout the Territory.
For more information or to request a volunteer pack email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 8944 7777.
Jyoti, Alice Springs Program Manager
"I love my job because I am passionate about helping others and advocating for human rights and social justice. I'm also passionate about GLBTQI rights and equality and believe until we are treated as equal no one is free."
Daniel, Care & Support Coordinator