Working with People Who Use Drugs - webinar
Northern Territory PHN invites you to the Northern Territory AIDS and Hepatitis Council’s (NTAHC) Working with People Who Use Drugs webinar.
This three-hour webinar workshop provides people working in health services and AOD services an opportunity to:
- Explore and reflect on personal perceptions and beliefs of people who use drugs;
- Identify how these perceptions and beliefs affect behaviour and interactions with patients and clients;
- Safely challenge personally held stereotypes using evidence;
- Develop empathy for people who use drugs by sharing lived experiences;
- Identify strategies to reshape patient and client interactions into more positive therapeutic relationships.
Shayne Kilford has worked for NTAHC for over 18 years in the needle and syringe program. Shayne has extensive experience working with people who use drugs and is passionate about decreasing stigma and descimination in this community.