How You Can Be Involved With SWOP ?
Make your voice count and be a part of your local sex worker organisation!
SWOP NT is the only peer based sex worker organisation in the Northern Territory and WE WANT YOU! However to be involved at SWOP you MUST identify as a past or present sex worker, this can include other adult entertainment areas that are classified as sex work such as stripping, skimpy,burlesque dancing, massage and relief , Dominatrix work etc.
There are a few different ways you can choose to be involved with SWOP.
- As a peer educator / volunteer
- As a part of the SWRG Sex Worker Reference Group Meetings/workshops/skill shares
- As a presenter of skills and workshop ideas
- As an advocacy artist
- As part of SWOP's SWRG Legal Working Party
- As a public speaker and advocate
- As a mentor for other sex workers entering the industry
- As a "support buddy" for workers who are working remotely
- As part of Sex Workers who Inject Drugs Group
- AS a peer reviewer and evaluator of Sex worker specific literature and services
SWOP NT offers a fun working environment, connections with other sex workers and enables options to get you involved in giving back to your community. Please come and drop into the SWOP NT office and pick up a volunteer pack, chat to us about upcoming events and areas of development including grant applications, ongoing policy development, conferences or do you have an idea for an event /project that you would like to see happen or a skill share workshop you would like to attend or run we are always open to new and exciting idea’s. SWOP NT encourages volunteers to select an area or project they would like to work on or be involved in.
SWOP NT values the energy of peer volunteers whose vital contributions have lead to effective operation of our community based service. We could not achieve our consistently high standard of work, or representation of sex worker issues on a Territory and national level, without the invaluable input of the many sex workers who volunteer their time, skills and knowledge. SWOP NT also recognizes that when based on sound principles, volunteering benefits the volunteers, the organisation, its projects, its membership and sex worker communities.