Silver Rainbow (LGBTQI Aged Care) Training
Silver Rainbow training is a lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and Queer (LGBTIQ) aged care awareness training that can be delivered to an extensive range of staff working in ageing and aged care. Silver Rainbow educates and informs service providers, policy makers, LGBTIQ people and communities about changes to use inclusive practice in the Australian aged care sector. Silver Rainbow is a national partnership between the LGBTI Health Alliance members in every state and territory.
Understanding and celebrating the diversity of genders, bodies, sexualities, and relationships of older Australians.
- Exploring the lives of LGBTIQ Australians and the issues
- Definitions; defining sexual orientation
- Social stigma and assumptions
- Impacts of negative attitudes
- Explores ageing issues specific to older LGBTIQ people. It covers current legislation and best practice care standards.
- Inclusivity in the work place and provide strategies that can be implemented on an individual and organisational level.
- Lifestyle of older LGBTIQ people
- Importance of advanced decision making
- Trans and intersex specific ageing issues
- Concerns of ageing support
- Privacy, disclosure and outing
'I was very impressed with the way the facilitators handled the content of this course.'
'It had the capacity to be very confronting. However it was handled perfectly. Thank you.'
Cost: Free (Currently funded by the LGBTI Health Alliance)
Time: 6 hours
Locations: Darwin, Katherine, Nhulunbuy, Tenant Creek and Alice Springs