Sexual and Gender Diversity
This training supports workplaces, doctors, nurses, schools and communities on how to be Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer (LGBTIQ) inclusive.
We focus on:
- Gender expression and identity
- Increased awareness of the impact of homophobia.
- Awareness of the need to address LGBTIQ health issues in hospitals, schools, GP's, workplaces and communities.
- Increased empathy for LGBTIQ people.
- Awareness of their own values / opinions on LGBTIQ issues.
- Increased confidence in working with LGBTIQ.
- Confidence in teaching / facilitating work with LGBTIQ people.
- Participants have an increased ability to identify and suggest ways to improve their own specific
- Increased knowledge of the barriers LGBTIQ people face accessing services such as healthcare, support services, discrimination and rights.
- Support services for LGBTIQ people
Audience: health workers, schools, universities, public health, public servants, police, teaching staff, more
Very empowering- thank you What a brilliant day that was well delivered. Top job!
I found the session very useful. Keep up the great work you are doing!