Sexual and Gender Diversity - Katherine Workshop
Darwin Pride Roadshow Katherine and NTAHC present "Sexual and Gender Diversity Workshop" by the new LGBTI Living Well NTAHC Program.
12 Sept from 9.30am at Knotts Crossing Resort.
There are limited spaces for this session; please register your interest by filling out this online form - https://bit.ly/3lqUJjR
Please read the Workshop description prior to registering.
Organisations or groups can contact email@example.com
This training supports individuals, workplaces and community groups on how to be Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) inclusive.
LGBTI people have long faced discrimination and stigma at many levels of society, including access to appropriate healthcare services that do not cater adequately to their needs or recognise their identities.
By the end of the session, participants will have a greater understanding of the nuances of identity which will enhance their abilities in interacting with LGBTI people.
What we cover:
- Defining LGBTI communities and understanding identity
- Issues and barriers facing people with diverse genders and sexualities
- Your role in supporting and accepting the experiences of LGBTI people
- Fostering partnerships and providing appropriate referral services
- Developing an understanding of various guidelines surrounding sexually and gender diverse individuals
Anyone with an interest in understanding how you can best support members of the LGBTI communities
What to bring: Just bring yourself. We'll bring the rest. Tea and coffee provided.
Want more information about this session, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 08 8944 7777.
#DarwinPride #NTAHC #LGBTIlivingwell #Katherine #Radshow
Sorry, there are no events at this time.